Nuts, dried fruits, and soft dried fruits are known for their healthgiving benefits, and for keeping your body in top form.
Soft dried fruits are incredibly versatile, as well as being high in carbohydrates and natural sugars which are ideal for a balanced diet if consumed in reasonable quantities.
Find out more about enjoying dried fruits during every season to give yourself a boost!
To stay in shape in autumn
Automn is often the time of year when the body starts to slow down…However, dried fruits can make you feel good and healthy.
Dried fruits are fresh fruits that have been dehydrated, and are highly concentrated in flavours and nutrients. There are almost as many dried fruit varieties as fruits themselves !
To spice up your daily routine, why not try :
- Raisins : high in iron and fibre and contain almost not fat.
- Dried apricots : very high in vitamin A and a source of iron, fibre, magnesium, potassuim, sodium, and vitaminB3.
- Dried apples : have very few calories, as well as being low in sodium and high in fibre
- Dried bananas : high in magnesium and provide a quick burst of energy.
- Dried figs : a source of magnesium, calcium and irons, as well as being very high in fibre.
- Dates : low in fat, high in fibre, and a source of iron, magnesium, and vitamins.
- Why not try prunes and goji berries…
Not forgetting nuts,
Also known as oleaginous fruits, or oil-yielding fruits, including :
- Almonds : high in nutrients, protein, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous, and vitamins, including vitamin B2.
- Nuts : a source of magnesium, phosphorous, iron and fibre, as well as being high in vitamins and polyunsaturated fats, such as omega 3.
- Hazelnuts : high in protein, magnesium, fibre, calcium, iron, and vitamins.
- Pecans : an excellent source of vitamin A, magnesium, and iron.
- Pistachios : high in fibre, iron, magnesium, vitamins, and mono-unsaturated fatty acids.
- Peanuts : a source of protein, amino acids, polyphenols, zinc, magnesium, iron, and vitamin B3.
- Cashews : very high in magnesium and iron.
- Not forgetting Brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, and chestnuts…